Community Outreach offers an emergency shelter for up to seven days for homeless men, women, and families. Clients wishing to stay longer are encouraged to fill out a Request for Transitional Housing form within three days of intake. We do not allow any alcohol or drug use on our premises and require clients to be alcohol and drug free for at least five days before they can check into our emergency shelter. We reserve the right to ask all of our clients to complete urinalyses and breathalyzers to confirm sobriety at any time.
Clients have access to laundry facilities; food pantries; our phone, mail, and message services; our information and referral services; and our medical clinics for those without insurance.
Our staff is committed to provide the highest quality of comprehensive services to all of our clients regardless of their socio-economic background. We strive to support and assist all of our clients with dignity and respect and encourage all our clients to apply for our Transitional Housing Program so that they may have additional time to work towards self sufficiency. Clients in need of substance abuse or mental health treatment services are encouraged to access these programs.
• All clients are required to complete daily chores to keep our facilities clean and beautiful.
• Clients who desire to enroll into our Transitional Housing Program need to fill out an application within their first three days in the emergency shelter.
Description of Facility:
• Our Men’s, Women’s, and Family Shelter are located on the second floor of our main building.
• The Men’s and Women’s Shelter consists of dormitory style bedrooms with a large, fully equipped kitchen, a dining and community area, showers, bathrooms, and laundry facilities.
• Our Family Shelter consists of individual units; furnished with bunk beds and private bathrooms. Family units are furnished with a full-size bed for the parent and bunk beds for children. Each unit has its own cooking and dining area.
• A large children’s playroom and a community room allow families to spend time together playing and relaxing.
• All clients have access to our food pantries, basic hygiene supplies, showers, bathrooms, and laundry facilities.
• Head of household must be 18 years or older.
• Last alcohol or drug use must be at least five days prior to admission.
• We do not shelter sex offenders or violent/dangerous offenders whose behavior may jeopardize the health and safety of other clients and staff.
• Must have completed telephone or walk-in screening before intake appointment will be scheduled.
• After completing telephone or walk-in screening, call 541.758.3000 Monday through Friday between 8am to 9am to schedule an intake for that day. Spots are limited and are first come, first served. If telephone access is unavailable please walk in and let staff know.
Is there a cost?
Yes. Clients must pay $5 per night. Clients without a regular income are eligible for “Work for Fee” chores in lieu of their housing fee.