Volunteering at Community Outreach
Volunteers and interns play a key role in our ability to serve others in our community. Without them, we would not be where we are today and our capacity to serve would be nowhere near as great.
You can volunteer in these areas:
• Medical/Dental Clinic Staff (3+ month commitment preferred)
• Mari’s Place (our nature-based childcare center)
• Social Services (working within our shelter)
• Building Operations/Administrative Support
Please fill out an online application form. You may also come to the front desk of our building and fill out an application in person.
For more information about volunteering and group volunteer opportunities, contact our Volunteer/Intern Services Coordinator, Kyle Janssen, at email@example.com or at 541.758.3000.
Medical and Dental Clinics
• Doctors, dentists, nurses, and physician assistants who can donate their services to our medical clinics in Corvallis and/or Lebanon
• Clinic coordinators and assistants
• Individuals who are fluent in Spanish and English to translate for medical clinic patients
For more information about volunteering in our clinics, please contact our Health Services Director, Lisa Quick, at 541.758.3000.
Mari’s Place needs volunteers to provide a 2-4 hour block of time for a minimum of one day a week between 7am and 2pm, Monday through Friday. Volunteers would always be in the presence and under the direction of a classroom teacher. Duties include assisting with snack time, reading to and playing with children, and assisting with clean up and nap time.
We need volunteers who:
• Enjoy helping others
• Want to learn and gain experience in a busy social services agency
• Can be trusted to handle confidential information
We need volunteers who are interested in:
• Joining our special events committee
• Volunteering for supply drives of essential items
• Picking up deliveries such as furniture and other donations (as needed)
Building Operations/Administrative Support
We need volunteers who are able to:
• Do occasional maintenance, electrical, painting, plumbing, or carpentry
• Do gardening, mowing, landscaping maintenance
Internships at Community Outreach
On-the-job training positions as interns are often available, in conjunction with your department at a college or university. These positions include either a Social Services Assistant or a Teacher Assistant at Mari’s Place. Please fill out an online application form. For more information about available internships, contact our Volunteer/Intern Services Coordinator, Kyle Janssen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 541.758.3000.
Court-Ordered Community Service
Community Outreach is able to fulfill a court-ordered community service requirement dependent upon an individual’s crime. These positions are limited in number and are restricted in schedule. Call 541.758.3000 for more information or to set up a preliminary interview.
Community Outreach, Inc. reserves the right to perform criminal background checks.