Working at Community Outreach
Thank you for your interest in working at Community Outreach! One our most important objectives is recruiting and retaining qualified, effective employees and giving them an enjoyable and welcoming place to work.
See the current openings below for detailed position descriptions and the requested application materials. Please submit a resume only in response to an officially posted position listing below. When applying, please reference the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Please note that Community Outreach does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes.
After applying for a specific position posting, your resume will be sent to the appropriate person. If your skills and background are a match for the position, you will be contacted. We request you do not call our office to follow up; our office staff will not be able to answer questions about resume status.
Applications may be sent to:
Community Outreach, Inc.
865 NW Reiman Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330
Community Outreach is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Status: On-Call, $9.00/hr, overtime eligible
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Director of Mari’s Place
Agency Conformance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
• Interact professionally with other employees, clients, donors, and outside agencies
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communication and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Work closely with the staff of the Nature Based Childcare Center to support center activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Be responsible, with assistance and direction from the regular staff, for either the Infant/Toddler room or the Pre-K room under the supervision and direction of the Director.
• Take part in staffing of families enrolled in the program to assure that their needs are being adequately addressed, if asked.
• Help to develop, execute and evaluate individual education treatment plans with the Director, and/or Child/Family Therapist, if asked.
• Follow lesson plans written by the Teacher you are substituting for, or, if necessary, offer equivalent activities.
• Follow all Center policies and procedures.
• Provide feedback to the Director on interns and volunteers in the Infant/Toddler or Pre-K programs, if there appear to be problems.
• Develop and maintain amicable, supportive, professional relationships with parents, children and other staff.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Two years experience in a support position in a state-certified center; adequate college hours in Early Childhood Education as listed in the Rules for Certification of Child Care Centers, or a Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Special Position Requirements:
• Commitment to the goals of our social service agency and a willingness to be an advocate for our mission and our clients
• Ability to interact positively and, non-judgmentally with parents and children
• Ability to interact gently and supportively with center children
• Ability to function as a member of the Child Care Center team
Please send all requested documents to the address indicated above.