Outpatient Mental Health Counseling
Our Mental Health Program provides outpatient treatment services to low-income and homeless men and women. Our services include individual and group counseling for adults.
The objective of our Mental Health Program is based on our mission: “Helping people help themselves lead healthy and productive lives.” We strive to support and assist all our clients with dignity and respect as they are learning new skills. We focus on building on clientsâ€™ strengths and resources to empower them so that they may learn to help themselves and become self-sufficient and productive members of our community.
Our treatment approach is client centered and great emphasis is put on developing clientsâ€™ internal resources and external support systems. With the help of a therapist, clients may learn to identify the symptoms of their mental illness, recognize when a crisis is building, and access their internal and external resources. Clients may also learn to advocate for themselves and to access resources in the community.
- Clients need to complete a telephone or walk-in screening before an intake appointment can be scheduled.
- Each client is assigned to a therapist who will help the client explore goals and objectives and establish an individualized treatment plan which may include groups and individual sessions.
- Clients may be enrolled into our Transitional Housing Program or take advantage of any other wrap-around services offered at Community Outreach.
- Clients must be alcohol and drug free and able to pass a urinalysis and breathalyzer.
- Clients must have completed telephone or walk-in screening before intake appointment will be scheduled.
- Clients must be 18 years or older.
We attempt to make treatment affordable for everyone. We offer a sliding fee scale. Please contact us to inquire about our program or visit our facility.